Packing for an event can be a hectic affair.
Bringing too much gear or leaving behind something truly essential can make or
break your event. The list below is compiled from the suggestions of players and
staff. While you may not need everything listed below, it might make a good
checklist or reminder when you find yourself preparing for an event.
Clothing & Garb:
- Two or more weather-specific costumes; things may get wet, dirty, hot, cold. Have options.
- Mundane clothing so you don't have to drive to/from site in costume.
- Adventure Gear (scissors, rope, candles, matches, twine, chalk, etc)
- Character Makeup (racial, ears, horns, spirit gum/remover)
- Rouge Gear
- Pouches, packs and bags
- Weapons, bow, shield, helm and armor
- Scabbards, belts, quivers
- Comfortable footwear
- Extra socks and underwear; always pack more than you need.
- White headband (out of play)
- Spell packets
- Sports bra or jock strap
- Sports band for eye glasses
- Waterskin or period canteen
Snacks & Drinks:
- Bottled Water or Sports Drinks
- Cocoa or Coffee
- Energy bars, trail mix, nuts, fruit
- Napkins, cups, plates, utensils
- Toothbrush, toothpaste, floss and mouthwash
- Soap and washcloth
- Toilet paper
- Towels, shower cap, bathrobe, shower sandals
- Shampoo, conditioner, hairspray, etc.
- Brush, comb, hair ties.
- Contact cases, solution, glasses
- Makeup, small mirror
- Bedding material (sheets, pillows, blankets, etc)
- First aid kit (bandages, aspirin, pepto, allegies, etc)
- Personal medication
- Paper and pen
- Sewing kits and safety pins (costume upkeep & repair)
- Basic car service before event (oil change, tire pressure, etc)
- Credit Card, checkbook, cash (gas, emergencies, tavern, to/from site eating)
- Tape (duct, electrical, colored), small knife and foam (weapon repair supplies)
- Cabin decorations (carpets, tapestries, curtains, banners, etc)
- Personal lighting (small flashlight, glowsticks)
- Sunscreen and Bug repellant
- Thermal undergarments
- Extra blankets, sleeping bag
- Low power fan
- Cloak, scarf, gloves
Return to the New Players page